Heavenly Qi : Storytelling, Technology and The Original Magic of Acupuncture
With Guest: Clare Pyers & Phiona Gritsam
- How story is an essential way that humans connect, and it’s a way humans have shared information for millennium.
- The ways in which hosting a podcast show can change your own practice.
- Podcasting as a way to learn from experienced practitioners, and the ways that a podcast is different than attending a class or
- Cycles of knowing and not knowing, and how the more you learn the more realize you know but a drop of the ocean.
- The connection between Chinese medicine and epigenetics.
- How Chinese medicine isn’t just interested in the “problem,” but what someone’s experience of life is like.
- The power and transformative nature of listening.
- The future of podcasting in the Chinese medicine field
- The pernicious lure of social media and what it does to our attention.
- Study what you’re not interested in while in study, because you won’t once you’re in practice and your patients might need that.
- The original magic of acupuncture
For more about what Phiona is doing with Nutritional Genomics, other projects and clinical work visit her website.
Clare also has an app that covers analyzing blood from a Chinese medicine perspective.
For information about Clare's webinars and classes, visit her website.
It goes without saying that listening to the Heavenly Qi Podcast is a good use of your time.
Thank you for listening to Qiological, and if you would like to support the show so it has more resources to continue to expand and evolve, then please join and become a member of the community.