Beyond The Visible - Electromagnetic Radiation and Health
With Guest: Brandon LeGreca
Listen in to this discussion that gives us some of the basic science behind the technology that allows you to read this on your mobile device, and how we are at the very beginning of starting to understand the effect of electromagnetic radiation on human health.
- Brandon’s health issues lead to his interest in non-nativeelectro-magnetic fields
- Short introduction to the electromagnetic spectrum
- Humans living in an ever-increasing world of non-native electro-magnetic fields is kind of a long term experiment
- It took a long time to realize that cigarette smoke had adverse health effects, it might take us decades to understand how microwaves influence human health
- Wifi is the low hanging fruit in your personal living space
- Potential issues that sensitive people have wifi
- Measuring the electro magnetic fields in your home
- The issue with smart meters
- Four lines of evidence that microwave radiation has an impact on DNA and cellular health
- How the environment health perspective can help us be better Chinese medicine practitioners
Brandon LaGreca is a 2005 graduate of the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, a licensed acupuncturist in the state of Wisconsin, and is nationally certified in the practice of Oriental Medicine.
Visit Brandon's Website
Here's a link to his book on electromagnetic radiation
Here are some links for devices that will allow you to measure various electromagnetic fields:
For AC electric & magnetic: Trifield TF2
For RF or microwave radiation: Acoustimeter AM-10
For voltage transients: Greenwave Broadband EMI Meter
Thank you for listening to Qiological, and if you would like to support the show so it has more resources to continue to expand and evolve, then please join and become a member of the community.