Discussing Jing Fang with Dr. Huang Huang
With Guest: Dr. Huang Huang
- Dr Huang’s connection to the Menghe clan
- The Person, Illness, Formula Triangle is not an abstraction, but rather a concrete way of understanding the complexity and relationship of these key aspects of treating people with herbal medicine
- The role of emotions in how people get ill.
- How different formulas can treat the same “problem” and it helps to use a patient’s constitution to clarify the diagnosis.
- What are some ways in which Dr. Huang’s perspective has changed over time.
- Thoughts about the future development of Jing Fang throughout the world
- What it means to be healthy
Ten Key Formula Families is the first book in English that details Dr. Huang's thinking, and is a good introduction to his thoughts and methods.
Fifty Herbal Medicines gives you Dr. Huang's thinking not about formulas, but about individual herbs.
You may also join the Facebook page Dr Huang Huang Study Group, for more discussion of his methods and to be informed of future Study Tours to Nanjing with Mark.
Thank you for listening to Qiological, and if you would like to support the show so it has more resources to continue to expand and evolve, then please join and become a member of the community.