Trusting the Fundamentals- Using Chinese Medicine in the Treatment of Epidemic Disease
With Guest: Heiner Fruehauf
- Background on the report from china
- 合病 He Bing, 並病 Bing Bing, 兩感Liang Gan
- In the preface of the Shang Han Lun we find that disease will not always follow a neat progression, and is descriptive of what is being seen with Covid-19 patients
- Ma Xing Shi Tang can be considered for a Tai Yang/Yang Ming complexity syndrome, where there is cold on the outside and heat on the inside
- Overlaps been Shang Han and Wen Bing perspectives
- Do you really trust the medicine?
- Using the prescriptions as a kind of reference tool for your own clinical reasoning
- Attending to the syndromes that arise as a response of the body in relation to internal or external influences
- The contradiction between a standardized formula being very effective in protecting doctors in a hospital and the perspective that differential diagnosis is essential for effective treatment
- The critical distinction between 法fa, method and 方,fang prescription
- The 五運六氣 wu yun liu qi perspective on why the “regular” flu was also severe this year
- Being infected on the psycho-social-emotive level
- Qing Fei Pai Du Tang
- Some precautions practitioners can take for themselves
- How it is the that Taiyang Urinary Bladder channel is a pre
I have researched Chinese culture and medicine for 40 years, and was originally trained as a sinologist at the Department of East Asian Languages and Civilizations at the University of Chicago. Due to personal health challenges, I engaged in the full-time study of the clinical aspects of Chinese medicine in 1989. After several years of post-doctoral studies in Chengdu, I founded the College of Classical Chinese Medicine at National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon.
Visit Heiner's site on Classical Chinese Medicine.
His herb company Classical Pearls has some unique formulations.
Articles about Covid-19 that Heiner has translated:
Dr Liu Li Hong's Report From Wu Han
The Dampness Epidemic: Exploring the Clinical Characteristics of COVID-19 in Shanghai
Thank you for listening to Qiological, and if you would like to support the show so it has more resources to continue to expand and evolve, then please join and become a member of the community.