How often do you pay attention to your intuitive abilities in practice or in life? Intuition is more than a feeling. Medical intuition gives us the ability to make a diagnosis without physical examination, tests, or history. It’s when you tap into the patient’s energy to gain insight into underlying physical and emotional imbalances. Your senses come together in a profound way to give you a more textured and dimensional glimpse into the patients.
In this conversation with Wendie Colter, we discuss the often-misunderstood science and art of medical intuition, how we can practice or develop the medical intuition muscle, some interesting research looking into the topic, and why there needs to be more public awareness on energy-based practices.
Listen in on this discussion of understanding, learning, and honing medical intuition as an immensely useful skill in practice.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- The inherent intuitive skills we have as children—and how they’re often snuffed as we grow up.
- The difference between drawing on subconscious information borne out of decades in a medical field and drawing on medical intuition.
- Intuition as a learned skill that can be practiced or developed—and how to go about developing the “intuition muscle”
- The ethics of medical intuition – i.e., How to proceed with care and respect.
- Wendie Colter’s research into developing medical intuition – how it came to be and why it matters.
- Integrative medicine or “synthesis” of these different medical traditions coming together.
- The profound fear in our world today according to Wendie Colter: “What are you seeing in the present moment?”
- The interconnectedness of the world and our bodies.
- The potent patient question in practice – “What do I need to know?”
- Having a bias in practice is a blinder.
Working with your own energy is a great way to build resilience. Grounding and shielding techniques can help you maintain energetic equilibrium.
Wendie Colter, CWC, CMIP, is the founder/CEO of The Practical Path, Inc., presenting intuitive development programs for wellness professionals. The company name reflects Wendie’s mission to fuse spiritual wisdom traditions with constructive, real-world results. A Certified Medical Intuitive Practitioner and Certified Wellness Coach, she serves on Fellowship faculty for the Academy for Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM), rotating faculty for Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine IMER, and the Bioenergy & Health Committee of the Integrative Health Policy Consortium (IHPC).
Her accredited, certification program in Medical Intuition, Medical Intuitive TrainingTM, has been pivotal in helping holistic health professionals from every discipline develop and optimize their inherent intuition. Her commitment to the deeper awareness and understanding of the balance between mind, body and spirit is evident in her insightful consultations, and transformative programs and workshops. Wendie’s research on Medical Intuition is published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (JACM).
Links and Resources
Visit Wendie's website at Practice Path
There you can learn about her Level One Medical Intuitive Training Course, her Workshops and Guided Meditations.