Marketing in The Digital World
We’ve all been on the “bad” of marketing. Have been subjected to intrusive and unskilled attempts at trying to convince us of something. It raises your hackles; it should.
Lots of us mistake advertising for marketing. But these two, which related, are different. Marketing is about how you communicate, how you represent your authentic self to the world, and how to better understand others so you can see if you might be able to help.
If your patients knew what your marketing plan was, would they still be willing to see you? If you can answer yes, then you’re probably on firm footing.
And the good news is there has never been a better time to connect with the people that are already looking for someone like you.
Listen in to this conversation dialing in your digital marketing mojo and learning to enjoy the process.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How Carl got involved with marketing
- No one likes to be “sold”
- The importance of authentic voice
- What is the story you are telling yourself about marketing and sales? Who are you trying to avoid becoming?
- Understand there are different platforms that reach different people
- Google ads can get you onto page one, but your website content is what makes the phone ring
- Repurpose your blog content
- Google trends
- Think with google
- Anything you put up on the internet is a 3-second introduction to your work
- It’s easy to “see” smarmy marketers, but do you even notice effective helpful marketers?
For over 20 years, Carl Schwartz, VP Marketing & Customer Care for Lhasa OMS, has been helping businesses (small and large) identify, attract, connect with and retain customers. He has specifically concentrated on using digital marketing to help businesses shape their narrative and connect with their customers.