Electro-acupuncture is a fairly new innovation. And thinking about its use in clinic does not quite match up with the traditional ways we’ve been taught to think about acupuncture and how it works.
We know the body has a profound reliance on electricity for everything from how our brain’s function to how we sense and move our body. But how does electro-acupuncture influence our systems? And how can we combine our traditional thinking with modern bio-science?
Listen in for a discussion about needles and electro-medicine.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- The impact of seeing serious illness treated with electro-acupuncture
- The channels can be seen as groups of muscles and fascia that conduct electricity
- The electricity of the nervous system is not the same as the electricity of acupuncture channels
- Diagnosing through the picture of symptomology
- Investing reflux, the role of the Stomach and why weak stomach acid can be at the root of the problem
- Understanding amplitude and frequency
- The difference between micro and milli current
- The influence of Nogier
- List of frequency and tissues treated
- Once a problem has been cleared up, then help the patient find out the source of where it came from
- Suggestions for the treatment of Bell’s palsy
Speak your truth. Tell the patient exactly what you believe the source of the disease is, and also inform the patient and give an honest opinion of how many treatments you believe they will need to fix the problem. The patient is paying you for treatment and your honest opinion.
If your diagnosis is correct, you should be able to focus your treatments and use minimal needles. Allow the benevolent electrons to perform the heavy lifting. Electrons get results with or without you. They will get better results with you.
Jeremy Steiner, L.Ac For the past 15 years I have been eating, breathing, and sleeping Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). This has sharpened my understanding of TCM pathophysiology. The acupuncture channel system is one of the most important discoveries in the past 3000 years. It is through the use of this channel system that allows us to raise up to higher and higher levels of diagnosis and treatment in our medicine. From the most bizarre,chronic, and severe disease to the most minute low level disease, all the answers can be found using this same TCM channel system.
I have been blessed to have had the opportunity to be mentored under some giants in medicine. It is now my turn to give back, and spread the joy that has been bestowed upon me. This is why I find the most satisfaction in using our TCM paradigm to pull people out of the woods of disease and plant them firmly into the health and wellness world that was taken away from them. Furthermore, to be able to teach this to talented practitioners is one of the greatest honors.