In this conversation with Anne Shelton Crute, we touch on several topics such as how to read a Chinese Polestar Natal Chart according to the Song Dynasty system of Astrology, what the upcoming year of the Yang-Water Tiger means, and how to use the information that astrology proffers as a road map into the future.
Listen into this discussion on navigating fate and free will with Chinese Polestar astrology.
- Anne Shelton Crute’s journey into practicing Chinese medicine – 9/11 as a catalytic moment
- The idea of destiny and how it fits into Chinese philosophical thought/Chinese medicine – The interaction between character, fate, and free will
- Ancestral energy – Patterns that come through our family line
- The application of Polestar Astrology in clinical practice
- Interpreting stars in the Chinese Polestar chart
- Studying Chinese Polestar Astrology and Chinese medicine under Liu Ming
- Traditional Chinese perspectives on medicine and how it compares to Western medicine
- Entering the year of the Yang-Water Tiger in 2022 –What it means and what to expect
Working with the Qi of Time empowers our clinical practice by connecting each individual patient's presentation to the larger cycles of Yin and Yang. Not only may this be accomplished by working with the unique qi of the year and season, but also by integrating the 24 Qi Nodes both in your personal life and point/formula choices.
Dr. Anne Shelton Crute is a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and licensed acupuncturist in the San Francisco Bay Area with clinics in Albany and Berkeley, California. She practices acupuncture, Chinese medicine, Ayurvedic and Tibetan herbalism, and Chinese Polestar astrology.
Anne received her Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Five Branches University, prior to which she graduated magna cum laude with a Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine from the Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine College. Anne received most of her understanding about medicine through private apprenticeships in the US, Japan, and India with some of the best traditional doctors that contemporary times have known over the past 20 years. Her primary mentors include Z’ev Rosenberg, Liu Ming, and Robert Levine.
Anne’s acupuncture practice is centered around bringing the classical texts and teachings to life with strong emphasis on traditional diagnostic methods such as pulse and astrology.