Our guest in this episode got started with treating children by working through some health issues with her own kids.
Listen as we discuss the common issues that children present with in the clinic, how to enlist the help of parents, how to help children feel comfortable with needles, and a few things about treating kids that you won’t find in books.
- How Robin started treating kids
- Common issues that are seen with kids
- Robin's process of diagnosis and treatment
- Understanding the child’s five-element nature
- Many health issues begin around a year old, often based in a spleen issue
- A shift in the child’s health has a big impact on the emotional state of the parents
- Treating focus and hyperactivity issues
- Acupuncture techniques for children
- Treating teens, don’t treat them like adults
- Tips for treating kids
The guest of this show
As an acupuncturist, author, and speaker it is my greatest privilege to help parents whose children suffer from chronic illness. Teaching them how to use the ancient wisdom of Chinese medicine to help their children heal safely and naturally means that many kids can go on to have a normal happy childhood. Ultimately, that’s what it’s all about and it's what inspired me to write my book Heal Your Child from the Inside Out: The 5-Element Way to Nurturing Healthy, Happy Kids.
Links and Resources
Robin offers a free course for acupuncturists on the treatment of children.
Read Robin's blog, it's full of great idea and methods for taking care of kids with acupuncture.
Robin's book, Heal Your Child From The Inside Out is essential if you are looking to treat kids with Chinese medicine.
Join the discussion!
Leave a comment on Qiological's Facebook page.