Taste Testing Different Herb Cooking Methods
In school we learn about the traditional cooking method that involves multiple cookings using a clay pot.
In this converation we compare the flavors generated in the clay pot with those from a pressure cooker, a slow cooker and a perculator.
Listen in for a discussion of cooking methods and how they can change the flavors of the herbs you prescribe for your patients.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- Different methods for cooking herbs
- Traditional clay pot, pressure cooker, slow cooker, perculator
- Looking for different ways to cook herbs to improve patient compliance
- Advantages and disadvantages of the various methods
- The longer something cooks at a moderate temperature, the more there is a carmelzation of the sugars
- The effect of cooking times
- Compliance and cooking method
- Tasting the product of the various cooking methods
Skye Sturgeon is the director of quality control at Mayway Herbs