Below you’ll find the Qiological policies, disclaimers and Terms of Service documentation
Qiological is an online podcast series dedicated to the discussion and use of Oriental medicine techniques and treatments by trained professionals.
This site is not meant to be a substitute for professional medical care
Treatments described herein are not intended for self-medication or treatment by those who lack training in the field. Qiological Podcast, its host and guests are not responsible for any injury or damage that may result from the improper application of information from the articles or discussions on this website.
If you have a medical condition do the right thing by both educating yourself and seeking out a qualified professional who can help you.
Qiological is a limited liability company that needs compensation to operate. We may receive consideration for products and services presented in our content. However, we do our best to remain unbiased and do not accept paid reviews or fake reviews.
Certain links to products on this website will generate an affiliate fee for Qiological. If you make a through such a link, you won’t pay a penny more for the product, but Qiological will earn a small commission.
Terms of Service
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions constitutes a legal agreement between Qiological, LLC, a Missouri based limited liability company with a registered address at 528 Woodleaf Court, Saint Louis, Missouri 63122, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensors (collectively, “Qiological”), and you. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES AND OBLIGATIONS.
Access to and use of the website operated by Qiological, www.qiological.com and any website that may be related thereto (collectively the “Site”) is governed by these Terms and Conditions, as well as any applicable laws and regulations. By accessing the Site, you hereby agree to adhere to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you are not authorized to use or access the content available on the Site.
Qiological reserves the right to modify the Terms and Conditions without notifying you. Each time you use the Site, the current version of these Terms and Conditions will apply. It is therefore imperative that you check for updates to the Terms and Conditions.
Qiological reserves the right to deny access to the Site to any person who violates these Terms and Conditions or who, in our sole judgment, infringes on the rights of others.
To access paid content on the Site, you must make the purchase through our webstores. You must provide accurate and complete information about you, as the account holder, and keep your account up to date with the most current information at all times.
You are responsible for the maintenance, confidentiality, and security of your account and all passwords related to your account. You agree to keep your user name and password confidential and your account for your sole and personal use. You are also responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account, including any and all activities of any persons who gain access to your account with or without your permission. You also agree to immediately notify Qiological when your account has been accessed by a person other than you, and you agree to provide assistance to Qiological, as reasonably requested, to stop or remedy any breach of security related to your account.
Access to specific content on the Site may change over time, and Qiological reserves the right to remove any content from the Site as it deems necessary.
Qiological reserves the right to terminate your account and deny access to Site content including courses.
Qiological provides podcasts consisting of audio content that is provided using an RSS feed and associated file so that the file may be downloaded and played from a user’s computer or mobile device. Podcasts are available only for personal, noncommercial use. You may download, copy and/or transfer a podcast to a computer or mobile device only for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you do not modify the content. You also may link to podcasts from your site, blog, application, platform or service, as long as (a) the links redirect the user to the Qiological when the user clicks on them, (b) you do not insert any intermediate page, splash page or other content between the links and the applicable portion of the Qiological services, (c) the linking does not suggest that Qiological promotes or endorses any third party’s causes, ideas, sites, applications, platforms, products or services, (d) you do not use Qiological content for inappropriate commercial purposes, and (e) you provide attribution to Qiological adjacent to the link.
The Site provides content, some of which is in the form of courses that are streamed live over the Site or through external applications. You hereby acknowledge your understanding that these live online events may be recorded and that you may be recorded as a result. You hereby consent to such recordings and give Qiological and its affiliates permission to use any images of, and comments made by, you (hereinafter “Personal Content”) captured during these recordings including, but not limited to, reproductions in all the possible permutations in electronic and printed media. You hereby waive your right to review or pre-approve any of the possible formats that the Personal Content may be reproduced.
Continuing Education Credits
It is your responsibility to review the continuing education requirements of your professional association and to complete all of the course requirements in order to obtain your certificate of completion from Qiological. Qiological is not responsible for any licensing issues that may result from your failure to complete requirements or submit certificates for licensing renewal.
Vis-à-vis you and Qiological, you understand that all right, title, and interest in and to the Site and all the materials and content thereon is either the property of, or used with permission of their respective owners by, Qiological, and are protected by applicable copyrights, trade-mark rights, patent rights, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and laws.
You may print or download approved content from the Site for your personal, non-commercial use only. In any case, you may not remove or alter any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary notices. You may not publish, distribute, retransmit, sell or provide access to the content on the Site. You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar data gathering and extraction tools on the Site. You may not decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Site, insert any code or product, circumvent technological protection measures, or manipulate any content of the Site.
You agree not to sell, rent, redistribute or sublicense, show in public, modify or reproduce in any form, electronic or otherwise, any of the information on this site unless you have obtained expressed permission by Qiological.
You agree to use the Site for lawful purposes, and if you at any time become aware of any violation, by any person or entity, of any part of these Terms and Conditions, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance to stop or remedy such violation.
You agree that you are responsible for all of the comments, audio, video, text or other materials that you post on the Site by you or under your account (collectively, “UGC”). You may not use the Site, and your account may not be used, to engage in commercial activity or send commercial communications. You may not generate UGC that violates the rights of any third party or contains a virus or other harmful component. You may not use language or engage in any activity that is threatening, abusive, vulgar, discourteous, disruptive, defamatory, amoral, or unlawful.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SITE, AND ALL CONTENT THEREON, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), ALL OF WHICH Qiological EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW. YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU USE THE SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You understand that the information, opinions, and viewpoints expressed during courses do not necessarily represent the opinions of Qiological, and you will not hold Qiological liable for any claims or information presented, or for the accuracy or completeness of the information; furthermore, you will not hold Qiological liable for any loss, corruption, or damage incurred as a result of presented information, whether online or otherwise.
You understand that in many of these courses, medical and/or other health information may be presented or made available. You agree that you assume all risks associated with the use of or reliance on that information and that Qiological and its instructors shall not be held liable for any losses or damage, whether directly or indirectly, as a result of using or reliance on the provided health or medical information.
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Qiological be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other damages, including but not limited to, loss of programs, loss of data, loss of use of computer or other systems, or loss of profits – whether or not Qiological is advised of the possibility of such damages arising from your use – or inability to use, the content, materials, or functions of this site or any linked website.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Qiological, its officers, affiliates, employees, representatives, and agents from and against any suit, action, liability, or proceeding in connection with any third party claim and/or complaint to which we may be exposed. You agree in this regard, to accept exclusive liability for any sums, damages, costs, lawyers’ fees and court costs for which we may be held liable arising from your use or misuse of the Site, your violation of any rights of any third party, or your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
Third Party Links
Qiological may provide links from the Site to other websites which are independent of Qiological. Users should be aware that in linking to these outside websites, they are leaving Qiological’s website and that Qiological is not responsible for the content of any other site. You acknowledge and agree that Qiological is not responsible for any damages or losses to you or any other person caused or alleged to have been caused by your use of any of these sites, or from the products, content, material or information presented by or available through these sites.
You agree to ensure you have the most recent version of a browser installed and that your computer and/or mobile settings are up-to-date for the optimal viewing experience. You will also ensure you have proper audio with speakers and a computer or device that is able to play high speed video.
Qiological will not be held liable for technical issues or inability to watch online courses due browser, mobile, or computer streaming issues, or use of out-of-date hardware or browsers.
You agree that any video or audio viewing issues derived from watching a webinar or course that do not originate specifically on the Qiological platform are not the responsibility of Qiological. While the technical support team at Qiological will make every effort to troubleshoot such issues, if they are due to the user’s computer, device, or internet connection, Qiological will not be held responsible for such issues.
If a technical issue is encountered that cannot be resolved by reviewing the Help Section, you agree to report the issue to Qiological’s Technical Support Team, either by an email or online ticket. Qiological will not be deemed liable for any unreported technical issues, if a solution cannot be found, or if it cannot be found in a set timeframe. Qiological will not be held responsible for any associated losses or damage as a result.
Qiological reserves the right to remove your access to all or part of the Site at its sole discretion, and without notice, and shall not be held liable for any consequences that may arise as a result. There may be instances where content may need to be removed from the Site, and Qiological reserves the right to do so for any reason.
Recorded on-demand courses are immediately accessible after purchase. Therefore, there are no refunds provided for course cancellations.
The following policy applies to all In person and online live courses.
Customer cancellations must be submitted to Qiological via email to email@example.com
- Cancellations received up to 14 days prior to class will not be charged the training fee.
- Cancellations 3-14 days prior to class will be invoiced the full training fee. As a courtesy, we will allow you to apply 50% of your payment toward a future Qiological course within one year of the cancellation date.
- Cancellations 1-3 days prior to class, and no-shows, are subject to payment for the full amount without future training credit.
- Registrant substitutions may be made at any time.
- Please note that if you do not cancel or do not attend, you are responsible for payment.
Cancellation of course by Qiological
- Qiological reserves the right to cancel or change a class at any time, including but not limited to, lack of participation, classroom, equipment or instructor availability.
- Notification will be provided within 21 days of the class, whenever possible.
- Registrants will not be charged for the course.
- Qiological is not liable for any direct, or indirect, consequential or special damages that may be incurred due to a cancellation of a scheduled class, including, but not limited to, cancellation penalties for transportation or accommodations. The customer or student’s sole remedy shall be the refund of prepaid course fees.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is deemed unlawful, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision is severable from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Governing Law and Forum
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Mis and the laws of the State of Missouri applicable therein, excluding its conflict of law rules. You expressly consent and agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the provincial and federal courts located in Missouri.
I HAVE READ AND REVIEWED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND HEREBY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. I AGREE AND CONFIRM THAT I AM OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE JURISDICTION THAT I AM LOCATED IN AND UNDER THE LAWS GOVERNING THIS AGREEMENT AND THEREFORE HAVE THE ABILITY TO CONSENT AND BIND MYSELF TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- Information Collection
- Information Use and Sharing
- Third-party Links and Social Networking Services
- Data Security
- Data Retention
- Additional EU Disclosures
- Opt Out
- Data Relating to Children
- Cross Border Transfers
- California Privacy
Your provision of your personal information to us is completely voluntary. “Personal Information” is information that can specifically identify you. Categories of Personal Information we may collect include:
- Identity Data, which includes name or other similar identifiers.
- Contact Data, which includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
Additionally, we may also collect certain other types of information that, along with Identity Data and Contact Data, may be considered and specifically named “Non-Public Information” or “Personal Data” in certain jurisdictions, including the European Union (“EU”), including but not limited to:
- Financial Data, which includes credit card, debit card or other payment card details.
- Transaction Data, which includes details about payments to and from you.
- Technical Data, which includes internet protocol (IP) address, location data, your login data, and device and browser information.
- Profile Data, which includes your username and password.
- Usage Data, which includes information about how you use our Website.
- Marketing and Communications Data, which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions: You may give us your information by registering or contacting us. This includes information you provide when you:
- Create an account on our website;
- Purchase products
- Pequest marketing to be sent to you; or
- Give us feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions: As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect Technical Data and Usage Data about your use of our Website. Some of the ways in which we or our Website may collect information are further described below:
- Clickstream Data: As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, sometimes referred to as “Clickstream Data,” can be collected and stored by a website’s server. For example, Clickstream Data can tell the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the website. The Website may collect and use Clickstream Data as a form of aggregate information to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our website, how visitors navigate throughout the Website and how we may tailor our website to better meet the needs of visitors. This information often will be used to improve our Website and our services. Any collection or use of clickstream data will be anonymous and aggregated and will not intentionally contain any Personal Information.
HOW YOU CAN HELP PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can help protect yourself against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by choosing a complex password and changing it periodically. Be sure to use a known and trusted connection and to log off when finished using a shared computer.
From time to time, Qiological may invite you to participate in surveys posted on our website or sent to you by email. You may decide whether or not you wish to complete such surveys, which may ask about your background, profession, range of clients, or your use of our website. We use this information to help us better meet your needs and interests. Information collected in these surveys is never sold, rented or shared with third parties for marketing purposes.
INFORMATION USE AND SHARING
Subject to the section titled “Additional EU Disclosures”, we use the information held about you to perform our services and for other purposes outlined below. Specifically, we use your information for a variety of purposes:
- To sell you products and services;
- To perform specific services that you have requested;
- To respond to your direct inquiries;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- To send you Qiological marketing materials;
- To send you marketing materials for our affiliates’ products and services;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; and
- In other ways as required or permitted by law or with your consent.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
The Website may integrate with social networking services. You understand that we do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our website, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third-party services to operate properly and fairly.
You should be aware that information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social network or otherwise online may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of your information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
We will keep your information confidential and limit access to your information to those who specifically need it to conduct their business activities, except as otherwise permitted by applicable law. We refer to industry standards and use reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. We require industry standard data security measures from those third parties who are authorized by us to process your information on our behalf.
We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for your information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your information, the purposes for which we process your information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize information about you (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use and retain this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
ADDITIONAL EU DISCLOSURES
If you are situated in the EU and have any complaints regarding our privacy practices as a data controller, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to your local Supervisory Authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to address your concerns before you approach your Supervisory Authority so please contact us in the first instance. If you are situated in the EU and have a complaint, please contact our privacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provision of Personal Data and failure to provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we will not be able to provide services to you.
Legal basis for our processing of your Personal Data
Below are the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your Personal Data:
- Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience.
- Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Complying with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Change of purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your Personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Use of your Personal Data for marketing purposes
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain Personal Data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising:
- Promotional offers from us: We may use your Personal Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or used our services and have not opted out of receiving that marketing. For the EU, you must opt in in order to receive marketing communications.
- Third-party marketing: We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your Personal Data with any company outside our company for marketing purposes.
- To see how you can opt out of marketing communications, please see the section titled “Opt-Out”.
Rights of EU Data Subjects
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “Data Subject Access Request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Opting out of messages from us
To opt-out of any future promotional messages from us, you should unsubscribe in the body of the promotional message that was sent to you (found at the bottom of the email) or send an unsubscribe request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt.
Opting out of cookies
Continuing Education Units (On Demand)
NCCAOM National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) Professional Development Activity (PDA) points are awarded for active learning that is earned in an in-person or e-learning environment.
Registrants must complete all modules in the course, including a mandatory worksheet, and pass the end of course assessment. Passing is 70%.
Continuing Education Units (Live)
National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) Professional Development Activity (PDA) points are awarded for active learning that is earned in an in-person or e-learning environment.
Registrants must attend the total hours of a live instructor-led course whether attended physically in person or online in order to receive a certificate of completion for the total PDA points. PDA points are not issued for breaks, lunch/dinner, homework, group presentations, or quizzes.
PDA points are only awarded in total as advertised for any given course, partial credit is not allowable by the NCCAOM.