Going to Press: How to turn your manuscript
into a successful book
Are you ready to share your hard-won clinical insights, case histories, capstone project or translations with the profession? Are you wondering what it will take, what it will cost, and what you may get out of it, before you jump into writing a book? Have you been working away on a manuscript for years and are now ready for publication, but don’t know where to turn or whom to trust? Are you confused about the whole new world of self-publishing, open-access offerings, and digital presentation of material?
If you want to produce a book, please join us for an exploration of the advantages and disadvantages of self-publishing versus going with a traditional publisher. Before you set out on your own and take on more than you can handle, or sign a contract that gives away all your rights without any real benefits, let us teach you what questions to ask— both of yourself and of your potential collaborator/s. Knowledge is power.
Like everything in Chinese medicine, there is no single right answer, and ultimately it is up to you to find your perfect path. But at least we can help you make an informed decision.
In this real time event we will
- Clarify your personal goals with your book project, to express your “Heavenly Mandate” in the best container possible for your hard work
- Learn what it takes to prepare a manuscript for publication
- Understand the general advantages and disadvantages of self-publishing versus hiring a publisher
- Negotiate a fair publishing contract with a publisher to protect your rights
- Understand the steps of self-publishing along with potential resources and their costs, to support you along the way
- Evaluate and project the finances of publishing
You’ll have lifetime access to the recording of this Qiological Live seminar